Monday, March 26, 2012

"Real" Board Games come to Target

While in Target today I decided to take a detour down the board game aisle just to check it out.  I expected the usual - kids' games, and more mainstream titles like Monopoly, Life, and Scrabble.  All of those were there, but something else caught my eye.  Toward the bottom shelf there was a section of "real" games!  The type of games that we like to play!

They didn't have many, but I did see Lord of the Rings, Munchkin, Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, Stratego, and one or two others that I didn't recognize but seem to be similar strategy games.  The prices were reasonable too.  Though they didn't have tons of options, it is exciting to see the games that we enjoy in a common store such as Target.  Hopefully this is a sign that we'll be able to get games more easily and perhaps more people will start playing these games!

No comments:

Post a Comment